Situated between Manly and Balgowlah, Fairlight is a desirable suburb in northern Sydney. The suburb has a population of around 5,800, with an average age between 20 and 39. Fairlight attracts young professionals, families and retirees looking for a quiet suburb to settle in.
If you’re looking to purchase property in this high-demand suburb, a buyers agent in Fairlight can help you secure the right property at the best price.
Fairlight is a quiet suburb that offers easy access to amenities and nightlife in nearby neighbourhoods. It’s a sleepy suburb, but its residents enjoy the tranquillity. The area is home to parks and green spaces for relaxing, picnicking, walking the dogs or letting the children play.
Over the last decade, Fairlight real estate prices have risen drastically. In addition, its close proximity to amenity-rich suburbs has made it a desirable location in northern Sydney.
Fairlight itself doesn’t have a large commercial area, but neighbouring suburbs offer many dining and shopping opportunities.
There’s a FoodWorks in the suburb, which is a small shop offering a variety of groceries. In Balgowlah and Manly, residents will find Woolworths, ALDI and Coles.
The Butchers Café serves fresh coffee, sandwiches, baked goods, milkshakes, smoothies and more. Fairlight Kitchen offers Chinese takeaway, and Two Sisters Pantry is a popular café for breakfast and coffee.
In neighbouring suburbs, you’ll find more dining options and nightlife.
There are several parks in and around Fairlight, including:
- Fairlight Beach, a stunning harbour beach with walking paths, a pool and facilities.
- Esplanade Park, which has lovely walking paths, views and opportunities for picnicking.
- LM Graham Reserve, which is located on Odawara Cl in Fairlight. The park is popular for dogs and relaxing.
In nearby Manly and Balgowlah Heights, there are other parks, including Manly West Park, Fairlight Lookout, North Harbour Reserve, Ivanhoe Reserve and more.
Parks in and around the suburb offer numerous opportunities for relaxing, dog-walking, picnicking and sport. Playground equipment allows kids to have fun and work off some of their energy.
There are no schools in the suburb, so children living in Fairlight must travel for schooling. Nearby schools include:
- Manly West Public School, which is a primary school on Griffiths St in Balgowlah.
- Manly Vale Public School, which is another primary school on Sunshine St in Manly Vale.
- Giraffe Early Learning Centre Balgowlah, which is a kindergarten on Griffiths St in Balgowlah.
- Pine Street Kindergarten, which is located on Pine St in Manly.
- Balgowlah Heights Public School, which is an elementary school located in Balgowlah Heights.
- St. Mary’s Catholic Schol in Manly.
On Balgowlah Rd, there’s the Only About Children daycare centre.
Although there are no educational facilities in the suburb, all of the schools listed above are just a short distance away.
Fairlight is situated between several suburbs, including:
- Manly: 2.3 km
- Balgowlah: 1.1 km
- Manly Vale: 3 km
- Balgowlah Heights: 2.5 km
- Queenscliff: 3 km
- Clontarf: 4.2 km
- Seaforth: 4.6 km
These suburbs offer great opportunities for dining, shopping and nightlife. Best of all, they are just steps from Fairlight.
Due to its desirable location, Fairlight real estate comes at a premium. The median price of homes in the suburb is $3.2 million.
If you’re looking to buy property in Fairlight, you can expect to pay:
- $2.9 million for a 3-bedroom home
- $3.5 million for a 4-bedroom home
- $795,000 for a 1-bedroom unit
- $1.3 million for a 2-bedroom unit
- $2.3 million for a 3-bedroom unit
Real estate prices in Fairlight have risen drastically over the last decade. In 2012, the median home price was $1.1 million. In 2020, the median price was $2.5 million.
Fairlight is a high-demand market, with properties receiving about 4,600 visits compared to other properties in Sydney, Australia. As a result, finding property for sale in Fairlight can be challenging, and if you find the right property, you need to act quickly.
Working with a buyers agent will save you time and stress. An agent will handle the hard work of locating properties, taking care of inspections and negotiating the best possible price for your dream property.