Nestled along Sydney’s Lower North Shore, Neutral Bay is just steps away from the Sydney Central Business District and offers stunning views of the bay.
With its premier location and amenities, real estate in this suburb is in high demand. Hiring a buyers agent in Neutral Bay can help ensure that you secure your dream property.
Neutral Bay is known for its parks and recreation as well as its accessible public transport. The suburb is sought after by professionals, families, singles and retirees alike. Its central location makes it an excellent option for busy professionals looking for a quiet place to call home.
Famed children’s author May Gibbs called Neutral Bay her home, and the suburb’s café culture is constantly growing.
Neutral Bay has a budding café culture and restaurants from every corner of the globe, including:
- Henrys Neutral Bay, which is a Brazilian-Japanese fusion restaurant.
- Ichibandori, a ramen joint.
- Tonic Lane, which has more than 100 gins on the menu – all Australian-made.
- At Neutral, a café that serves up lobster toast and quality coffee.
- Maisy’s, a 24-hour café serving up pastries and small dishes.
- Ezzellinos Pizzeria, which has been a mainstay in the suburb for nearly 40 years.
The suburb’s main shopping district is located along Military Road. Known as Neutral Bay Junction, this district offers a wide array of restaurants, shops and cafes.
Big Bear shopping centre is home to a supermarket and several grocers. Just behind the shopping centre is the North Sydney Bus Depot, making it easy for locals to use public transport to get to and from shops.
The Oaks Hotel has been a popular meeting place for more than a century and is home to several bars, restaurants, function rooms and even a beer garden.
Neutral Bay is home to several excellent parks and recreational areas, including:
- Anderson Park, an urban recreation park along the bay. The park features a floodlit sports field for football, cricket, volleyball and other sport. Visitors can also enjoy the small beach and the many pathways lined with weeping figs.
- Forsyth Park, which is just a short distance from Military Road. The park has sports fields for cricket, hockey, soccer and football. Walking trails and event facilities are also available.
- Warringa Park, a fenced playground area with concrete paths and a rubber surface. The park also has a water fountain and seating.
- Ilbery Reserve, an open playground with grassy areas. The park is within walking distance from Military Road.
Next to Ilbery Reserve is the Neutral Bay Club, which is a tennis and bowls club as well as a sports bar and bistro. The club has a floodlit bowling green, tennis courts, two function rooms, a heated deck and a members lounge.
Neutral Bay Public School is the suburb’s primary school and is highly rated. Other nearby schools include:
- Cameragal Montessori School
- Neutral Bay Preschool
- Neutral Bay Kindergarten
For kids clubs, there’s the Neutral Bay Club. Parents can also find several music and art schools for children in the suburb and nearby areas.
Neutral Bay is conveniently located near several other suburbs, including:
- Kurraba Point: 1.6 km
- Cremorne Point: 1.7 km
- Cremorne: 1.8 km
- Mosman: 2.9 km
- North Sydney: 2.2 km
- Kirribilli: 2.8 km
- Lavender Bay: 3.5 km
- McMahons Point: 3.3 km
- Cammeray: 2 km
- Crows Nest: 2.4 km
The suburb’s convenient location gives residents easy access to the attractive amenities that these other suburbs offer.
Real estate prices are high in Neutral Bay.
Median property prices are:
- $2.8 million for houses. A 3-bedroom home has a median price of $2.8 million.
- $1 million for units. A 1-bedroom unit has a median price of $708,525, while two- and three-bedrooms have median prices of $1.11 million and $1.87 million, respectively.
A buyers agent in Neutral Bay can help negotiate the lowest price possible on properties, helping buyers save money on their purchase.
Why hire a buyers agent in Neutral Bay? A buyers agent provides:
- Access to unlisted and pre-market properties, giving you more options in this high-demand suburb.
- A stress-free buying experience. Your agent will locate properties and handle the time-consuming things, like inspections, appraisals, negotiations and more.
- Experience and expertise to help you make a smart purchasing decision.
If you want to purchase property in Neutral Bay, NSW, a buyer’s agent is your best chance at securing the property of your dreams.